Sunday, March 22, 2009

Face the Fire

Nora Roberts

Magic in modern times; a coven of three is invaded by a love interest from years ago, just in time to do battle with an evil threatening to destroy them and their homes.

I this had the potential for me to really like it, but the fact that it was obviously the third in a trilogy, and nowhere on the cover did it say that (I would have read the others first if it had) meant that I was continually skipping bits that referred to other books, or just not understanding the undertones that followed the story.

I don't think I'll bother with any books by this author for a while.  The fact that it was more like reading a Mills & Boon from page 110 meant that I was more frustrated than entertained.

Date finished: 04/03/09
Year Total: 9

No comments: