Saturday, June 28, 2008

Intimate Letters

Bel Mooney
1997
0-7515-2261-9

Rosa McKee, just on the point of forgiving her husband for forgetting their 22nd wedding anniversary, is shocked when he dies of a heart attack, shattering her life.
But hard on the heels of her loss is the discovery of letters that he had written - love letters, to a mystery woman. Rosa's grief is replaced with fury, and as the betrayals mount up, she is forced to work through them, for no one can survive on hate alone.
This is very different to the books I generally read, and I found it stifling to be trapped in a first-person view for so long, especially as so much of the story happens in Rosa's mind. It was a relief to get it finished, and I have to admit, I don't think I'm the right kind of audience for this introspective, emotional journey.

Date Finished: 28/06/08
Year Total: 25

No comments: