Wednesday, December 12, 2007

How To Be A Little Sod

Simon Brett
1992
ISBN 0 575 05916 8

"Well, here I am. And after the nine months I've just been through, this had better be good!"

So begins the story of a newborn baby, from day one to the end of the first year. The opening line suggests the rest of the story is going to be observant and funny, but by page 16 I decided that Baby isn't just a little snot, it's a little bastard with no sense of humour at all.

He and She, the parents, are to be punished and made miserable, although beyond producing such a nasty little shit, I'm not sure what they've done wrong.

I suppose parents might be able to identify with this book and find it funny, but being child-free I found it a real drag with little to keep it interesting. I have the two sequels, 'Little Sod's Next Step' and 'Not Another Little Sod' and although they are quick reads to boost my year total, I'm not going to bother.

Date Finished: 09/12/07
Year Total: 42

No comments: